LED stands for Light Emitting diode. LED lights are now used as an alternative to the conventional lightings which are used indoor and outdoor. LED Downlights rose to popularity as they provide LED light from a fixture that is installed in a hole in the ceiling. It is called so when the light is produced from an LED as opposed to another light source. The lights became popular as they use very less energy, induce very small amount of heat but emit more light when compared to conventional bulbs.
It is good to research on the advantages of the downlights when compared to conventional ones, and some of the advantages are explained below.
• The lights are very cost-effective.
• They have a very long life span.
• They also use very minimum amount of energy while producing more light. According to research, it is stated that every 6 inch of this downlight can save an average of $265 US dollars in energy cost each year.
• When compared to traditional lights, this produces very less or no heat at all as the light is generated electronically.
• LED lights are mercury free; hence are not hazardous to the environment as well. However, fluorescent downlights contain toxic mercury content which is very bad to the environment.
The Downlights are manufactured to last at least 50,000 hours which is roughly estimated as 25 years. Even though they seem to be expensive upfront than any other type of downlights, in the long run, they are very cost effective as the life span is way more. They are likely to dim out rather than permanently die and become inefficient. They are considered to be ineffective only when they produce 70% of the light which they used to emit originally when purchased.
People now are shifting towards the LED Downlights for its benefit for the family as well as the environment. Governments are also taking steps to help people get their traditional bulbs replaced with the LED lights.